- Salary:£31,500 to £34,750 Depending on experience
- Location:Basingstoke , Newbury, North Hampshire
- Vacancy type:Permanent
We are thrilled to have joined forces with Network Homes in October 2023, which now places us as the 6th largest housing association in the UK. Sovereign and Network Homes have come together as SNG (Sovereign Network Group) – an organisation that takes the best of both and makes it even better.
We're currently recruiting for an experienced Plumber to join our Property Team in the North Hampshire area. As you'll spend a fair amount of time on the road we will provide you with a van and fuel card so you'll not be out of pocket.
What can we offer you?
- £335 yearly Tool Allowance
- £450 yearly flexible benefit pot to use against benefits of your choice
- Uniform & PPE
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Chance to buy or sell holiday as part of our flexible benefits package
- A van and fuel card for business travel
- iPhone and iPad
- Generous company pension scheme, matched up to 12%
- Life cover 4 x annual salary
- SmartTech - Buy an electrical item and pay it off through your salary over 12 months.
What you'll be doing
As a Plumber you'll complete plumbing repairs and maintenance jobs to SNG's properties in line with work schedules within our Responsive Repairs Team and elsewhere depending on demand.
Tasks to include:
- Repairs to domestic plumbing installations
- Installation of replacement sanitary ware and baths, shower trays and level decks and associated equipment
- Installation of kitchen sinks
- Installation of new pipe work (copper, speed fit, waste, rainwater)
- Installation of new sundry items such as taps and ball valves
- Repairs to sundry items
- Installing and repairing water mains supplies, heating system pipe work and drainage stop taps
- Installing and fixing domestic appliances like showers and washing machines
- Vented and unvented cylinder heads (HWSS qualified or alternative)
- Cold water storage tank maintenance and renewal
What you'll need
You should have a minimum of NVQ level 2 or equivalent in Plumbing OR proven experience within this core trade. You will have experience of working in occupied premises and be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
The ability to use mobile technology such as iPad or PDA is essential. A current CSCS card is desirable.
This is a full-time role, working 40 Hours per week, with the opportunity to supplement your salary through call out and overtime when required.
Due to the requirement to travel within this role, you must hold a full and current driving licence with a minimum of 2 years driving experience and have the ability to drive a company van.
This role is subject to a satisfactory licence check, essential qualifications check and a basic disclosure.
Life and health
Unique to trades