Senior Internal Auditor
- Salary:£46,000 - £57,000 per year
- Vacancy type:Permanent
- Closing Date:3 March 2024
Are you an experienced Internal Auditor looking for your next opportunity?
It's a really exciting time to join us as Sovereign have joined forces with Network Homes to form SNG (Sovereign Network Group). Together we provide over 84,000 homes and invest in communities across London and the South of England – our purpose being to provide quality affordable homes and places that people love for generations.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our Internal Audit team. Based from our head office in Basingstoke, you'll combine office and home working in line with our hybrid approach. There may be some occasional travel required between our offices and sites, so you should be happy to travel and have access to your own transport.
The vision of our Internal Audit function is to be a strategic partner to the business, providing assurance over the execution of the organisation's strategy. You'll play a key part in delivering this vision through the audits you shape and conduct. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the team to deliver the internal audit programme of work covering both financial and operational procedures
- Documenting and testing key processes and related controls to establish their effectiveness
- Supporting the delivery of a portfolio of data analytics assignments in support of the annual audit plan
- Preparing well written audit reports, and gaining consensus from stakeholders to ensure recommended action is appropriate, proportionate, and accepted
- Contributing towards the preparation of reports for presentation to senior management forums and the Audit Committee
- Assisting the team to continually develop the internal audit work programmes and procedures
- Delivering work in line with departments KPIs for audit planning, completion and reporting
What we're looking for
You'll need strong technical knowledge and expertise in internal audit with a proven track record as part of the third line of defence (independent assurance). Ideally, you'll be qualified (ACA, ACCA, IIA) with experience in a large commercial organisation. Any experience in corporate functions such as IT, or from within Housing, would be beneficial but not essential.
You'll also need:
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to build relationships across the business
- Excellent analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- To be solution orientated with the confidence to challenge existing business practice
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience of using data analytics to drive decision making and understand audit data
- Experience using PowerBI or similar tools would be advantageous
What you'll receive from us
We have some fantastic benefits on offer at SNG, including:
- £450 flex-pot annually, discounted shopping & cycling scheme
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (with an extra day every year up to 30 days)
- Generous Company pension scheme, matched up to 12%
- Life cover at 4x your salary
- Options for private medical insurance, dental insurance & critical illness cover
We are committed to our Equality Diversity and Inclusion strategy and believe that you can truly be yourself at SNG. Take a look at our careers site to learn more about us and our values.
We place our customers at the heart of our decision-making and we want you to be driven by a strong desire to be part of that social purpose; being a role model for SNG's values and demonstrating how our customers are at the heart of Internal Audit's decision making.
Life and health
Unique to trades